Friday, March 25, 2011

Elephants & Memories of My Grammie Jean

I am missing my Grammie today. She died 5 years ago today. She has been in my thoughts all day. Well, she is in my thoughts every day. My Grammie would have loved this picture. A friend e-mailed this to me a few years ago and I have loved it! It always reminded me of Grammie. She loved elephants. I remember collecting any elephant sticker i found growing up so that I could mail them to her to stick on her walking cane. She had a pretty good collection from all us grandkids if I remember right. I cannot help but think of her every time I see an elephant whether it is just a hand carved figurine, a giant statue made of stone or a real one parading up and down the streets of Jaipur.
Grammie actually spent quite some time here (several months) in India ministering to a lady Missionary friend here. Grammie Jean was such a special lady to me and often makes me tear up to think of how much I miss her. I miss her so much it hurts! There is so much here I want to share with her...and so many times I wanted to hear your voice, her advice, and just talk, give her my arm to help her walk, and her hugs!


Oh I miss those hugs. She is now in Heaven, singing and dancing with the angels. I also love to think that perhaps Jesus has a very special role for her in Heaven snuggling and loving on lots of special babies there that have no earthly Mommies to snuggle them, just like she did for me as she was the first Mommy I can remember. Don't you think that would be the perfect Heavenly role for her? I like that thought. Goodness that makes me cry all over again. Well, I am missing her today. I am comforted as I feel like I am surrounded with things she would love. I am privileged to get to see both India and elephants here like she did and I think she would liked to know that I am here in a place that she loved and amidst the creatures she loved so much.I know she is in a better place now, but I sure wish she were still here on this Earth with me. I miss you Grammie.
-Your Jenny

3 comments:

  1. I think I would have loved your grammie as I, too love elephants as you well know. Of course, I'm sure I would love anyone who loved you. You are an amazing person and friend. I'm so blessed to know you. I'm glad you had your grammy in your life to bless you so much.
    Blessings,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - my mom just sent me the link to your blog. What an amazing experience and such good you guys are doing. Grammie Jean would be so proud of you. I so enjoyed her stories and you were such a part of them.

    We'll keep you in our prayers.
    Melinda Lawrence

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally picture her cane, covered with tons of stickers! :) I love how Grandmas/special people in our lives let us decorate their canes, refrigerators, car, things, etc and what a special memory that makes for us! It just reinforces that it's the relationships not the things that matter!

    ReplyDelete