Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cheers! -For No Reason At All

All us girls like to get dressed up once in a while, don’t we? I hope I am not alone in thinking this. Miles probably would not admit it, but I think, secretly, he does too. He gets his suit out so un-regularly, it has to be somewhat fun to wear once in a while. And as smashingly handsome as that guy looks in it he really should break it out for no reason at all more often.

Us girls however make a ritual out of it. We dust off the good jewelry (although darn it, I left the pearls at home) we do our hair, pick our favorite lip stick, and put on something a little more fancy than every day that of course includes a pair of nice high heels…yes I did bring one pair from home for just this sort of occasion…that is really no occasion at all except to wear them. I even broke out the good perfume. Why? It was a night out on the town, Baby, and sometimes we don’t need a reason to celebrate….we just... do!

I suppose if we HAD to have a reason this week marks our 2nd month (anniversary so to speak) of being here in Chennai. In so many ways it seems like much longer than that. Strange, but in any case we decided to head out and have our driver take us to one of the 5 star hotels near our place called the RainTree for dinner. The resaurant is called Above Sea Level and is on the roof of the hotel that overlooks the lights of the city. There are lots of restaurants to choose from, many even with better food, but this place is a rooftop restaurant. We ate there several times our first week here as our boss from Logos, Jason, stayed at this hotel and we often met up with him for dinner. I always eat the same thing as it is one of the few places that serves steak! Yes you heard me right, STEAK! It is excellent, I might add. I never thought this would be possible in India. I am happily surprised.
O who am I kidding ? I am ecstatic, I mean I broke out the good perfume, didn't I?

I order the Filet Mignon cooked to perfection (2 out of the 3 times it is served—ok maybe 1 out of the 3 times as this is India, you know) and it is joined with perfect grilled veggies and au gratin potatoes. Miles is usually more adventurous than I am when it comes to food and is often encouraged to eat fish and other sea creatures when we eat out (something Chennai is famous for) as I am not a fan and hardly ever cook it for him. He often orders different things off the menu each time he visits while I order what I have tried and know to be truly good. At the Raintree, however Miles orders the grilled seer fish. I am not sure what a seer fish is but I am told it is absolutely delicious as he has ordered it several times—Very unusal for my Miles.

These are wonderful meals when we are craving the tastes of home or just NOT any more Indian food. The view is spectacular as well I might add.
Well, Happy—No-Particular Reason to Celebrate-Except to Celebrate...

To our sumptuous evening out on the town.
Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. You're cute Jenny! It's true...as much as I never like to admit it...we do like to get dressed up every now and again. I haven't had an occasion in a while either...hmmm...maybe I should just make one up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures of you! We must do this when I come to visit, ok? Get all beautified and go out on the town! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I had a "random" thought when I saw the "restaurant." "I want to swim in the pool!" Ha ha ha! I think I saw a pool behind the chairs. Anyway, I do love to dress up every once in a while. However, you do have to have some special people with you too. It looks like you did! Thanks for sharing.

    P.S. I LOVE your green top ;)

    ReplyDelete