Sunday, April 24, 2011

Poems for a Tough Anniversary

Today is the 2 year anniversary of losing my Little due to a ruptured ectopic around 10 weeks. I know that God holds the Master Plan and I rest in His plans being perfect, but I am sad today, and cannot help but wonder, and remember...

In The Wrong Place at the Right Time
Hoping, praying for such a long time
for the someday baby who would be mine
Month after month failing the test trying so hard refusing to rest
But then came a day when the lines became two
at last my dream was about to come true
With my hand on my belly I was touching my baby to be
and looking forward to the day when you I would see
But then came the pain so sharp and so strong
I couldn't believe that things could go wrong
My baby is growing the heartbeat echoes in my heart
but baby was not where baby should start
How could this happen, when for so long I had dreamed
Please don't take my baby I begged and I screamed
Can you not fix this, can you save the life?
the pain cuts through me as sharp as a knife
They tell me that I will die if it is not done
so instead of two I once again become one
I will always remember that you wanted to be
but you had to go because instead they saved me
I loved you so, and I think of you every day
my teeny tiny baby who got lost on the way
In heaven there is angel of mine
who was in the wrong place at the right time.
-Kathy Burmer

Baby, we think of you and wonder what life would be
would you look like your dad or would you look like me. We never got to hold you, never got to see your smile all we know is you were inside me but only for a little while. The love between parents and a child shall never part, you may never be in our arms but you'll always be in our hearts.
-Tasha Anderson

Dear Baby, I never got to see your face or even give you a name but in my heart, you hold a special place and for that, I would never be the same. I’ll never hear you laugh or cry, or hold you in my arms tenderly... But I will still love you endlessly. Missing you deeply...
~Today and always.

3 comments:

  1. I love you Jenny! praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jenny.... i'm so sorry. your post made my heart hurt. we lost a bub around 14 weeks. it was right in between the girls. we went in for an appt and they couldn't hear the heartbeat so we went home with heavy hearts. we hulled up until it was over and i cried and grieved for a long time. after a few months, i named the baby- ryder lane (unisex) and that really helped with the healing. the pain lessens over time but the scar throbs from time to time too. i hope you can feel the healing and the peace today as you remember your little one.

    someone once reminded me that women, on average, have 3 miscarriages in their lifetime (whether they know it or not). it's almost like God created a second family to welcome us into heaven when it's our time to go so that as we leave the arms of our children on earth, we have the rest of our children to greet us on the other side.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss Jenny. Thank-you for sharing your heart and posting the poems. You have such a beautiful faith and trust in God, your life shines for Him even in the midst of your deep pain.

    ReplyDelete