Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Birthday for Miles!

Well let's jut kick this day off right with the traditional Custis family birthday song, shall we?
Here goes...

Whose Birthday comes today?
We're waiting now to see...
Come take your place by the (slice of) birthday cake
(er, uh...Tiramisu from the Azula restaurant)
that I might honor thee.
Today is Miles' birthday. I'm so glad!
Let us see how many he has had.
As I count the candles we are told...
10-20-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Yes, the candles say he's 29 years old!

Happy birthday to You
Happy birthday to You
Happy birthday Husband of Mine...
Happy birthday to YOU!

To celebrate today Miles picked a nice place to eat out for both lunch and dinner. This afternoon we went to Amethyst restaurant for some tomato basil soup, garlic bread, pasta, and frozen cappuccinos.

Tonight we went to the Azula restaurant in the GRT Grand Hotel. It's a 5 star Mediterranean place with fabulous decor and food. (Italian, Greek, Lebanese, Morocco, and Israeli) YUM! A great pick by the birthday husband of mine, I must say. A great friend of mine Michelle, sent over to me a recipe for a cake I can make on the stove. With several alterations to the recipe (too many I am afraid) it unfortunately did not turn out at all. Much to my disappointment and Miles'. Oh my stars! It's hard to make his traditional red velvet cake he is used to having on his birthday but without an oven, what's a girl to do? Well, although not the tradition -this year is all about the NEW so we're gonna make the best of it. The birthday boy got his dessert at dinner. It was quite authentic Tiramisu too. Quite delicious! Look, I even brought a candle to go on top. The local French Loaf shop generously gave some to me for this special occasion. Cool color, huh? PINK!
There was a live Spanish band playing as well and they played their version of Happy Birthday and it was fabulous. Miles, make a wish!

Well for Miles' birthday he wished for FOOTBALL....as in being able to watch the games... And just to be clear we are not talking SOCCER, rather, American football. So I went ahead and purchased an NFL pass that allows him EVERY NFL game for this season available on his computer. He is beside himself with excitement. He just found out he can watch 6 games simultaneously on his screen. Are you giggling with glee as much as he is right now? I think he has seriously lost it, but I am happy for him. We even found a funny, squishy, red pillow in the shape of an American football here at one of the malls -so we played a little catch in anticipation for this first big game. For those of you wondering with the time changes how this is going to work...Yes,, we will be up at 6:00 AM tomorrow morning to kickoff the season. So much for my romantic thought of pop corn, chips, and soda for a fun way to start off with some traditional AMERICAN snacks. Coffee anyone? Ugh. We will crawl out of bed at the sound of the alarm and watch the game in our pj's with a fresh, hot cup of coffee. But it will be fun. We will make it fun. And yes I am watching too, gosh darn it! It is important to Miles so I am going to learn....although if the football doesn't -the early hours just might do me in. Oh, naaah! It will be good. And seeing my Miles' happy face makes it so worth it!
Love you Dude.
Happy Birthday!

-Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment