Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mastering the Art of Home!

Don't you just love the weekend? I love the time-slowing phenomenon of weekends. Because life flows a little more gently and the hours of time pass a bit more smoothly…allowing for magic that can only happen on days like this. There is no where that we have to be so sleeping is a pleasure and additional magic where it is allowed to stay in pajamas until after breakfast, sipping on coffee, and perhaps even eating something more special than the ordinary and boring daily cold cereal.

Perhaps PANCAKES! I love Saturday morning pancakes. Growing up in my house my dad always made pancakes for us kids on Saturdays. I love this memory of my dad. He was so great at making the coolest shapes too, you know the ones, like Mickey Mouse, or Pooh Bear…I remember a bunny…it was a mess up but like a cloud it changed and became something else even better! Memories are formed and treasured. Saturdays are sheerly magic!

This delightfulness all happens during the weekends…when we begin to master the art of HOME! Love it! The house for me is usually a wreck and we let it slip because it is the weekend and who wants to clean when the air is filled with lazy enchantment? .....(by 'clean', you do realize I mean the house is at the point where you consider if it's really worth the effort of cleaning or rather light a match and watch it burn) Instead we can lounge and watch silly shows on Hulu and catch up on Facebook and world news. I love these days, don’t you?

Soak in these days....just drink them in and enjoy the small things within them. This is where the memories are formed and the true magic happens.
Enjoy!
-Jenny

3 comments:

  1. you are an amazing gifted writer. We have enjoyed each post. Thanks for sharing a little bit about your life. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That is exactly the kind of weekend I had. Chris was working outside all weekend and I needed to watch a bunch of stuff so my DVR wasn't so full! We even went out to breakfast on saturday and had pancakes at Denny's. They changed their menu and they have some new yummy stuff! Oh and yesterday I never changed out of my jammies and I think every dish in my house needs to be washed. But I did make an awesome dinner for my hard working man and kept a fire going so it was nice and cozy when he came in. So funny that you described my weekend to a T. Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok it was like you perfectly articulated how i feel about the weekends! :) my favorite parts were the special breakfasts (mine is cream of wheat :) and why clean when it is so dirty it would be better to light a match haha! so great :)

    ReplyDelete